Under the direction of the President and CEO of Heavenly Care Inc, the Home Support Worker (HSW) functions as a member of the team responsible for the provision of personalized care to assigned clients. The established Program of Care customized to the clients needs will guide the HSW in the provision of care. The HSW will assist the frail, the physically disabled and/or the mentally handicapped of all ages as long as safely possible. The highly personalized Program of Care may include but not necessarily limited to meal preparation, companionship, physical activity, administration of medication, laundry, light house-keeping, respite care, bathing, overnight care, accompany to appointments, grocery shopping, post-surgical care, etc.
The incumbent will exercise the appropriate level of initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, work methods to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision, values and policies of Heavenly Care Agency Inc
- High level of compassion
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking skills
- Excellent judgment in the provision of care even in unusual situations
- Very good verbal and written English communication skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to follow the established Program of Care
- Demonstrated ability to respect client confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to meet physical and mental demands of the job
- Excellent work ethics
- Good attendance record
- Able to provide support to clients from diverse cultures
- Able to work in Canada
Nice to have
- Grade 12 education
- Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized post-secondary institute is an asset but we are prepared to train a suitable candidate
- Previous experience working with the elderly or disabled
- Able to speak and understand Germanic languages
- Transport, as travelling may be required to neighbouring communities
We encourage applications from candidates from diverse cultural backgrounds and gender. Upon hiring, the candidate will be responsible for completing and maintaining a Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Please send your resume along with two references and salary expectations to Heavenly Care, 103-400 Stephen Street, Morden MB or email@example.com. Telephone (204) 822-5522 or (204) 952-9273.